Recipe by Buster's friend
Got to cooking & this one had to be written down - DELICIOUS! Mildly spicy, sweet & tangy - Da Bomb!
- 1 white onion, minced (fist sized)
- 1 yellow pepper, diced
- 6 garlic cloves, crushed and minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce (Sriracha)
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt (Lowry's, heaping)
- 2 tablespoons dried onion
- 2 teaspoons granulated garlic
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon liquid smoke
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons mustard powder
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup brown mustard
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onion, pepper and garlic in oil until onions translucent.
- Add all other ingredients. Simmer 30 minutes, until consistency desired is reached.
- Adjust heat with more Sriracha sauce, salt with Lowry's.
- Brush heavily on meat of choice last 15 to 30 minutes of cooking - careful not to burn sauce.
- Keeps for weeks - covered n the back of the fridge.