Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 10 mins
Haven't made this one yet, but this sounds like something a die hard Yooper Packer fan would serve to a crowd for Sunday football!
- 1 cup instant rice
- 2 lbs ground sirloin
- 1 lb ground beef round
- 1 egg
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms, drained
- garlic powder
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can spinach, drained
- 1⁄4 lb thinly sliced deli ham
- 1⁄4 lb thinly sliced salami
- 1⁄4 lb thinly sliced swiss cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Lightly grease a shallow roasting pan.
- Prepare instant rice according to package directions.
- In a large bowl, mix together ground sirloin, ground round, egg, chopped onion, green pepper, mushrooms and cooked rice.
- Season with garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- On clean counter top, arrange sheets of wax paper approximately 1 1/2 feet long by 1 foot wide.
- Place meat mixture on wax paper, and flatten into a large square, about 1/2 inch thick (the thinner the better).
- Sprinkle with more garlic powder, then layer with parmesan, spinach, ham, salami and Swiss cheese.
- Using the wax paper, roll the meat as tightly as possible while removing the wax paper as you go.
- Tuck the two open ends into the meatloaf itself, and with hands lightly coated in vegetable oil, shape into a loaf.
- While lifting with the wax paper, transfer to shallow roasting pan, then slide wax paper out from underneath.
- Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour and 10 minutes, or until meat is no longer pink and juices run clear.
- Allow to cool 15 minutes before serving.