Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This is a D-licious way to lighten calories and fat while enjoying what you eat. It makes a great summer dessert too. Cooking time is chill time
- 1 lb small curd cottage cheese
- 2 (3 ounce) packages sugar-free jello, dry (any flavor you like, lemon is nice)
- 1 (12 ounce) container fat-free cool whip
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 (9 1/2 ounce) can mandarin orange segments, drained
- crushed nuts (to garnish) (optional)
- maraschino cherry (to garnish) (optional)
- Place cottage cheese in a bowl.
- Place dry gelatin on cottage cheese,along with the CoolWhip, crushed pineapple, and mandarin orange segments.
- Mix well.
- Garnish with crushed nuts and cherries. Refrigerate 3 hours.
Wonderful way to get some protein when feeling fragile after more periodontal surgery. I left out the oranges as much as I love them - was afraid the mix would be too tart. With everything else as written (all sugar free except pineapple which was packed in juice), this was not too tart & and was cold (as demanded for several days postop) and gave me protein while being sweet and light. Added to the Mooshy Foods for Tender Mouths to use again and again. Thank you for posting, Annacia.
We do love our cottage cheese, so this recipe really grabbed me, & I made it as given, using lemon Jell-O! Cool & refreshing & something I'd be happy to share with company! Thank you for sharing the recipe with us! [Made & reviewed in Zaar Stars recipe tag]
Awesome. I used one box of lemon and one box of orange.