Recipe by Mrs. Missy
My mom has made these for holiday gatherings for years now, and they are always a hit! My mom likes them with a lot of preserves (jam) and uses more than the 12 oz. that the recipe calls for. You can substitute different preserves or jams to your liking....just make sure it's seedless! Hope you enjoy!
Top Review by AuntMare
Made these last night and had to really work to incorporate all the flour into the first mixing. Definitely needs extra jam as I used one 12 oz. jar and they were quite dry. I may try these again and use a little less flour and lots more jam. Thanks for sharing.
- 3⁄4 lb butter, softened
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 3⁄4 cups flour, divided
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 (12 ounce) jar raspberry preserves or 1 (12 ounce) jar jam
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla until combined.
- In a medium bowl mix salt with 3 1/2 cups flour.
- Gradually add to butter mixture to form thick batter.
- Spread 3/4 of the batter evenly over surface of an 11x17 inch jellyroll pan or rimmed cookie sheet.
- Top with an even layer of jam.
- Sprinkle with nuts (if desired).
- Blend remaining flour with the rest of the dough. Crumble on top.
- Bake 35 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
- Cool completely and cut into bars.