Recipe by hjunkman
My grandmother was from Prague Czechoslovakian came to American in 1902. This is her recipe. When I was growing up, I ate dozen at a time.
Top Review by stacyzimmerman
These are fabulous and SO easy! Great pecan-buttery flavor. Very reminiscent of Russian tea/Mexican wedding cakes. Made the dough 2 days in advance (it took about 5 minutes with a mixer) and brought to room temp to form and bake; they came out perfectly. Might make a great freezer cookie, rolled into a ball and chilled then sliced. I'll add this to my Christmas fave list!
- 1⁄2 lb butter
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups cake flour
- 1 cup of chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix butter with sugar-vanilla.
- Add flour slowly stirring until it is smooth.
- Stir in chopped nuts.
- Dip hands in flour.
- Then shape dough in to small crescent.
- Place on a ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350°F for about 15-20 minutes or until lightly brown.
- When cool, sprinkle with sugar.