Top Review by vmbry
I love these cookies. Recipe sounds just like the ones my Hungarian Mom made every Christmas. I have her recipe and now I make them. Always been one of my favorite holiday cookies.
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven at 325 degrees (mod. slow).
- Grease an 8-inch square cake pan.
- In a mixing bowl, cream the butter until soft.
- Gradually add the sugar, creaming until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg yolks and blend well.
- Gradually add the flour and mix thoroughly.
- Then fold in chopped nuts.
- Spoon half the batter into the cake pan, spreading evenly.
- Top with strawberry jam and cover with the remaining cookie dough.
- Bake one hour or until lightly browned.
- Remove from oven, cool and cut into 1 x 2-inch bars.
- While warm, sprinkle lightly with sifted powdered sugar.
- Double the recipe for a large pan.