1 hr 15 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Set oven at 325 degrees (mod. slow).
- 2Grease an 8-inch square cake pan.
- 3In a mixing bowl, cream the butter until soft.
- 4Gradually add the sugar, creaming until light and fluffy.
- 5Add the egg yolks and blend well.
- 6Gradually add the flour and mix thoroughly.
- 7Then fold in chopped nuts.
- 8Spoon half the batter into the cake pan, spreading evenly.
- 9Top with strawberry jam and cover with the remaining cookie dough.
- 10Bake one hour or until lightly browned.
- 11Remove from oven, cool and cut into 1 x 2-inch bars.
- 12While warm, sprinkle lightly with sifted powdered sugar.
- 13Double the recipe for a large pan.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Czechoslovakian Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (952 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 335.1
- Calories from Fat 129
- Total Fat 14.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Cholesterol 51.8 mg
- Sodium 138.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 26.1 g
- Protein 4.6 g