Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- sweet yeast
- 2 cups cottage cheese
- 1⁄4 cup butter, No Margarine
- 1 cup sugar, Granulated
- 2 large eggs, Separated
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons milk or 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon dark rum
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon, rind of, Grated
- 1⁄3 cup raisins
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Press the cottage cheese through a sieve and drain.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the butter, sugar, and the egg yolks.
- Beat until foamy, then add the cornstarch, milk, rum, cheese, lemon rind and raisins blending well.
- Beat the egg whites until they form soft peaks, then gently fold them into the cheese mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared crust and bake for 50 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown.
- Cool and serve at room temperature.
My mother always made this recipe, but used a graham cracker crust on the bottom and graham cracker crust on top. She also used Baker's Dry Cottage Cheese. Thank you!!!!