Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Everyone 'LOVES' them.
- 1⁄2 lb butter (salted or unsalted not margarine)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans (or walnuts)
- 1 cup strawberry jam
- Cream butter (better to warm up in microwave for about 10 seconds). Do not melt butter, just soften to cream.
- Add all other ingredients slowly, except jam. Mix well.
- Use 1/2 of batter to spread onto 8" x 8" or 9" x 13" cake pan. Pat down.
- Spread approximately 1 cup of strawberry jam over this first layer evenly. Crumble remaining batter over jam layer. Pat down slightly.
- Bake at 350°F for approximately 25-30 minutes. Cool slightly before cutting into bars.
- "It's best to serve these cookies a tad warm" (but not hot enough to burn your mouth!).