Czech String Bean and Dill Cream Gravy
- Drain liquid from green beans into a measuring cup, reserving 1 cup liquid. Pour rest into a pan; bring to a boil.
- Into reserved one cup of liquid, making sure it is cool, measure 2 tablespoons flour per cup of liquid.
- Add 2 more tablespoons for 1 cup sour cream. You may use sweet cream mixed with 1-1/2 tablespoons vinegar.
- Shake or mix flour mixture well until there are no lumps; add to rest of boiling liquid, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- Add chopped dill.
- Remove from heat and stir in the sour cream to which the flour has been added.
- Do not boil after adding sour cream.
- Add green beans and cooked new potatoes.