1/2 Photos of Czech Prune Crescents
24 hrs 30 mins
Dienia B.'s Note:
This is yeast bread that has a prune filling. I am not sure of the name in Czech. It rises overnight in refrigerator. It is a very old recipe that uses lard or butter but I listed butter. Libbie put lard in her recipe so I am guessing that is what she used. If any one knows what this is called in Czech please food.com mail me so I can add it. Another one of Libbie's recipes. this makes a HUGE amount i think you could do half and be ok im guessing these are like a christmas kinda bread but i dont know for sure it makes a soft fine grained bread
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 teaspoons yeast
- 1/4 water, warm
- 4 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup lard
- 1 cup milk, cold
- 3 egg yolks
- 1Dissolve yeast in 1/4 cup warm water.
- 2Mix flour, salt, sugar.
- 3Cut in butter or lard.
- 4Add milk, egg yolks, and yeast.
- 5Mix well and refrigerate overnight. the dough is VERY soft and you need it to be cold to even work with it ,it does rise in frig very well . i always use gluten in my baking .
- 6Divide into 4 pieces. use floured hands to do this dough is still soft
- 7Roll out (EACH PIECE) 1/4 inch thick.
- 8Spread on filling and roll up like a jelly roll. i sprayed cookie sheet with pam and patted out with floured hands
- 9Place on a cookie sheet (It doesn't say to make a crescent shape but I think you do here).and you need LARGE COOKIE SHEET. as you see from pictures they rose and spread like crazy
- 10Let rise 1 hour. (IT DID NOT TAKE AN HOUR FOR ME TO GET DOUBLED ).
- 11Bake 30 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 12Ice with powdered sugar frosting, warm or cold.
- 14Beat 3 egg whites until stiff.
- 15Add 1 cup sugar.
- 16Fold in 1 cup cooked cut up prune.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Czech Prune Crescents
Serving Size: 1 (1530 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1282.7
- Calories from Fat 476
- Total Fat 52.9 g
- Saturated Fat 31.9 g
- Cholesterol 255.0 mg
- Sodium 777.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 184.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.2 g
- Sugars 73.3 g
- Protein 22.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: