1/2 Photos of Czech Pork Soup
1 hr 5 mins
1 hr 5 mins
Another soup recipe from *Stroganov to Strudel* (Great Traditional Cooking From Germany, Austria, Hungary & the Czech Republic) - Thanks to my great-uncle Emil (Placek) who married my great-aunt Loretta (Sullivan), my Irish family was exposed to & I grew up loving the Czech cuisine. Soups like this easy-fix + a salad made from their garden of plenty are fond memories of my childhood (Like most soups, time is almost all cook time, but I also allowed 10 min for ingredient prep). *Enjoy* !
My Private Note
Soup Se ...
Units: US | Metric
- 12 ounces pork shoulder (or tenderloin, lean & cut into 1/2-in cubes)
- 1 large onion (finely sliced)
- 2/3 cup carrot (finely diced)
- 3 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 6 1/4 cups water (or de-fatted pork stock)
- 2 teaspoons fresh marjoram (chopped)
- 6 tablespoons long-grain rice (cooked & may use cooked pearl barley, See note below)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1Put the pork cubes, onion, carrot & garlic in a lrg pan. Add water (or stock if using).
- 2Simmer for 1 to 1 1/2 hrs till meat is tender.
- 3Skim (if necessary) b4 adding marjoram. Season w/salt & pepper to taste pref & simmer for a further 5-10 minutes.
- 4TO SERVE: Place rice (or barley if using) in serving bowls & ladle the soup over it. Just too easy, isn't it?.
- 5NOTE: This *Cooks Tip* was noted: "For a more substantial soup, dbl the amt of rice (or barley).".
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Czech Pork Soup
Serving Size: 1 (356 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 290.9
- Calories from Fat 140
- Total Fat 15.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 60.8 mg
- Sodium 78.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 16.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: