1 hr 40 mins
Chef Zuzka's Note:
The goulash is easy. The dumplings are a bit of work to put together. You can chose to serve it with bread instead.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 59.14 ml shortening
- 680.38 g pork or 680.38 g beef, cubed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (optional)
- 2.46 ml paprika
- 1.23 ml hot paprika (optional)
- 4.92 ml caraway seed
- 4.92 ml marjoram
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 591.47 ml water
- 1 potato
- 2Sauté onion and garlic in shortening until translucent.
- 3Add meat with spices and sauté till brown.
- 4Add water; simmer, covered, until meat is tender, about 1 hour.
- 5Add finely grated potato into the meat and simmer 5 minutes stirring often.
- 6Serve with dumplings or bread.
- 8Mix together beaten egg, milk, flour, baking powder and salt until smooth.
- 9Add bread cubes to batter and mix well.
- 10Make two small loaves.
- 11Drop into large pot of vigorously boiling water. Cook 10 minutes, then roll dumpling over and cook an additional 10 minutes. Remove immediately from water and cut ends off to release steam.
- 12Cut into 1/2 inch slices and serve.
Browse Our Top Pork Loins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Czech Goulash With Bread Dumplings
Serving Size: 1 (343 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 498.1
- Calories from Fat 197
- Total Fat 21.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 135.5 mg
- Sodium 602.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 39.3 g