From the Lifetime television series Cook Yourself Thin. *Note: Cook time is estimated as I have not yet made this recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 14-ounce jars of your favorite marinara sauce
- 2 slices of your favorite sandwich bread
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 small onion, finely minced
- 1/3 cup chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 8 ounces whole-wheat spaghetti
- 1Heat marinara sauce in a large, wide pot over medium heat. Cover to prevent splattering.
- 2Remove crusts from bread, place bread in a medium bowl and pour water over. Let sit 10 minutes, and gently squeeze out excess liquid. Put bread in a large bowl; discard water.
- 3Add the ground turkey, cheese, egg, onion, parsley, basil, oregano, salt and red pepper flakes to bowl with bread. Gently toss to combine, maintaining a light touch to keep air in the meatballs (don't squish the meat too much, or you'll end up with tough meatballs). Roll the meat mixture in your hands to create meatballs slightly larger than a golf ball.
- 4Remove marinara sauce from heat to prevent splattering, and gently drop the meatballs in the warm sauce. Return tomato sauce to medium-low heat, bring to a simmer and cook, covered, until meatballs have cooked through, about 30 minutes.
- 5Cook pasta according to package directions, toss with marinara sauce and top with meatballs.
- 6Make your own marinara: Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil and saute 2 cloves minced garlic until lightly golden. Add 32 ounces of canned, peeled, crushed plum tomatoes and simmer for 10 minutes. Add meatballs and 2 tablespoons of torn fresh basil leaves, and season with 1 1/2 teaspoons salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Cook for 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Spaghetti Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cyt Skinny Spaghetti & Meatballs
Serving Size: 1 (269 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 492.5
- Calories from Fat 139
- Total Fat 15.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 153.5 mg
- Sodium 988.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 34.8 g