Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 hrs
Mom Cyr's Chili
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1⁄2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 (17 ounce) cans whole canned tomatoes
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 2 (15 ounce) cans chili beans
- 2 (15 ounce) cans kidney beans, drained
- 1 (10 ounce) can rotel
- Fry meat until brown.
- add onions and cook until tender.
- add spices and remaining ingredients.
- simmer for 45 minutes.
- Or place fried meat & onions in crock pot with spices and remaining ingredients.
- cook on low 4 to 6 hours.
- Serve with shredded cheddar cheese or sour cream.
- Also good with tortillas and tortilla chips.