Recipe by GRECORICAN
I will be posting some recipes from my home country, Cyprus, that I have collected from the web and want to safe keep. I have not tried all of them, but intend to one day, and I hope you will too.
- 1 kg pork leg, cut into 1-inch/2 . 5cm cubes
- 4 ripe tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 5 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- lemon juice
- pita bread
Directions See How It's Made
- Thread the meat cubes on to the skewers.
- Make sure the barbecue has reached the right heat. Ideally for the best results kebab should be cooked over charcoal. Place the skewers on the barbeque and liberally apply salt, turn the skewers over and salt the other side. Turn the skewers from time to time to ensure that the meat cooks evenly on all sides.
- Just before the souvlakia are cooked, warm some Pitta bread over the grill. Remove the souvlakia from the grill and using a fork take the meat off the skewers and put it into a serving dish.
- Divide a pitta in two and in the pocket spoon in the meat, tomatoes, onion, parsley, salt and lemon juice.