Prep 45 mins
Cook 45 mins
These are soooo delicious...my all time favorites my mom made as I was growing up....unbelievable delicious, I can't get enough of them!!
- pork net fat (panna) or lamb net fat, drained (panna)
- 1 kg ground pork
- 1 cup coarsley grated onion
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Wash the net fat very well and then rinse with a mixture of vinegar and water. Mix well the minced meat, onion, parsley, garlic, salt and pepper kneed all this together until well combined. Cut the net fat into square pieces and put 1 tablespoon of the meat mixture on each piece. Close the two edges and roll, they will look like tiny cabbage rolls. Cook sieftalia over glowing coals on a bbq or under grill and turn to brown on both sides. This makes about 30 sieftalia.
- We typically serve this with pita bread, a nice salad and often tzatziki on the side also, or just plain balkan style yogurt.
- Note: Seftalia will be soft if the mince meat contains a bit of fat, preferably lam.
- They should fit nicely in the palm of your hand when you are rolling them up, they are small oval meatballs almost with a cover on them.