Susan P's Note:
I haven't tried this one, but it sounds sooo good! It also sounds like a great low carb breakfast for on the go people.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup swiss cheese (or whatever type of cheese you prefer)
- 10 slices cooked bacon, crumbled (or sausage)
- salt and black pepper
- 1 dash nutmeg, to taste
- onion (saute in butter first) (optional)
- broccoli (saute with the onions until soft, but not soggy) (optional)
- asparagus (optional)
- spinach (be sure to drain well if using frozen) (optional)
- various other seasonings and spices (Garlic is particularly good in this dish.) (optional)
- 1Beat eggs.
- 2Mix in heavy cream and seasonings.
- 3Add cheese and meat.
- 4*ForMuffins: It's best to use Texas Sized muffin tins.
- 5Grease liberally with cooking spray and fill only 1/2-3/4 full.
- 6They will rise quite a bit, but settle as they cool.
- 7Bake at 375F degrees; start with 20 minutes though the original poster has had to cook up to 35 minutes.
- 8They get darker as they cook.
- 9This is NORMAL.
- 10*ForQuiche: pour mixture into greased pie plate and bake at 375 degrees for approxamately 20-25 minutes.
- 11To check doneness, insert a knife into quiche-it should come out clean.
- 12Allow to set for a few minutes before serving.
- 13Apparently these freeze great so you can quadruple the recipe.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cynthias Crustless Quiche Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (634 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 163.2
- Calories from Fat 128
- Total Fat 14.2 g
- Saturated Fat 7.6 g
- Cholesterol 113.2 mg
- Sodium 202.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 7.4 g