Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I haven't tried this one, but it sounds sooo good! It also sounds like a great low carb breakfast for on the go people.
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup swiss cheese (or whatever type of cheese you prefer)
- 10 slices cooked bacon, crumbled (or sausage)
- salt and black pepper
- 1 dash nutmeg, to taste
- onion (saute in butter first) (optional)
- broccoli (saute with the onions until soft, but not soggy) (optional)
- asparagus (optional)
- spinach (be sure to drain well if using frozen) (optional)
- various other seasonings and spices (Garlic is particularly good in this dish.) (optional)
- Beat eggs.
- Mix in heavy cream and seasonings.
- Add cheese and meat.
- *ForMuffins: It's best to use Texas Sized muffin tins.
- Grease liberally with cooking spray and fill only 1/2-3/4 full.
- They will rise quite a bit, but settle as they cool.
- Bake at 375F degrees; start with 20 minutes though the original poster has had to cook up to 35 minutes.
- They get darker as they cook.
- This is NORMAL.
- *ForQuiche: pour mixture into greased pie plate and bake at 375 degrees for approxamately 20-25 minutes.
- To check doneness, insert a knife into quiche-it should come out clean.
- Allow to set for a few minutes before serving.
- Apparently these freeze great so you can quadruple the recipe.