1/3 Photos of Cyn's Wild Mushroom Ravioli
1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 30 mins
A mixture of four types of mushrooms and two cheeses encased in wonderful homemade ravioli. Savory and satisfying. Best served with a cream or alfredo sauce, either store-bought or your very own. A great experience for a fan of mushrooms! Note: A good white wine may be substituted for beef broth for a vegetarian option! The dough recipe is borrowed from Dee514's grandmother's recipe posted in Ravioli (Dough and Choice of 4 Fillings). My highest compliments to her and her family. =)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the Filling
- 1/4 cup sliced shiitake mushroom
- 1/4 cup sliced oyster mushroom
- 1/2 cup sliced cremini mushroom (baby portabella)
- 1/2 cup sliced white button mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup of coarsely chopped mixed mushrooms
For the Ravioli
- 1THE FILLING.
- 2Melt butter in pan.
- 3Add olive oil to melted butter.
- 4Add mushrooms.
- 5Let mushrooms sweat until they release their juices.
- 6Add pepper, salt, and onion/garlic powder.
- 7Add 1/8 cup beef broth and let mixture reduce.
- 8Once reduced, remove from heat and let cool.
- 9Add cheeses to blender/food processor.
- 10Add cooled mushroom mixture to cheese.
- 11Blend together until smooth.
- 12Add more broth if mixture is too thick.
- 13Remove mixture to bowl stir in 1/2 cup of mixed mushrooms.
- 14Set aside.
- 15THE DOUGH: Sift flour and salt together.
- 16Place flour mixture on a board, making a well in the center of the flour.
- 17Drop eggs into the flour well, using your hand or a fork, break the yolks and beat eggs slightly.
- 18Combine the eggs and flour together, gradually adding enough warm water to make a stiff dough.
- 19Knead dough well, until smooth; cover the dough and let it rest for 15 minutes.
- 20Cut dough in half and roll each half of the dough out on a floured board, into a very thin sheet (about 1/16 to 1/8 inch thick).
- 21FILLING THE RAVIOLI: Drop about 1 to 1 1/2 teaspoonfuls of filling about 1 1/2 inches apart all along the dough.
- 22When the sheet of dough is fully dotted with dabs of filling mixture, cover filling with other sheet of dough.
- 23Using your fingers, gently press dough between each dab of filling to seal it.
- 24Cut ravioli into squares with a pastry cutter, or very sharp knife.
- 25DRYING THE RAVIOLI: Allow ravioli to dry for one hour before cooking.
- 26COOKING THE RAVIOLI: Drop ravioli into 6 to 8 quarts of boiling, salted water and cook for about 10 to 15 minutes, or until dough is tender.
- 27Remove cooked ravioli from pot carefully with a skimmer or a large slotted spoon, and drain well.
- 28Serve hot and enjoy with your favorite cream sauce.
Browse Our Top Ravioli/Tortellini Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Ravioli/Tortellini Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cyn's Wild Mushroom Ravioli
Serving Size: 1 (264 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 651.1
- Calories from Fat 252
- Total Fat 28.0 g
- Saturated Fat 14.8 g
- Cholesterol 160.3 mg
- Sodium 679.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 75.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 23.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: