Recipe by Popcat
We love asparagus, ginger and the fresh taste of stir-fry. So my wife and I came up with this for a quick dinner tonight. We used noodles, but it would also be great over rice.
- 1⁄2 lb rice stick noodles
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dark brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 lb extra firm tofu, drained, pressed dry and cubed
- 1 lb asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 1⁄2 lb button mushroom, cut in half
- 1⁄2 onion, sliced in 1 inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons fresh ginger, cut into 1 inch matchsticks
- 1 red pepper, cut into 1 1/2 inch strips
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup dry sherry
- toasted sesame seeds (to garnish, black or white)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, sesame oil and brown sugar in a mixing bowl, stir well and set aside.
- Cook the noodles in boiling water, drain, put them in a bowl of cold water to stop them from over-cooking and set aside.
- Heat 1 Tablespoon of canola oil in a large wok or skilletover medium-high heat. Add tofu and stir-fry until golden brown, about 6 minutes.
- Remove the tofu from the wok and set aside.
- Heat remaining 1/2 tablespoon of canola oil in the wok. Add Asparagus, mushrooms, onion, ginger and red pepper. Stir-fry until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and stir-fry only 30 seconds, so it becomes fragrant not bitter.
- Add the Sherry.
- Add the noodles, tofu and soy sauce mixture, toss well and heat through.
- Serve garnished with sesame seeds.