Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is Almas Parkar's winning recipe from y'days Thursday magazine.
- 1⁄2 kg cuttlefish
- 4 onions
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons ginger-garlic paste
- 2 teaspoons coriander powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 6 teaspoons dry coconut powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 3 -5 fresh coriander leaves, to garnish
- Stir-fry the finely chopped onions gently.
- Add the ginger-garlic paste as soon as the onions turn brown.
- Add the tomatoes and stor-fry for 5 minutes.
- Add all the spices and salt.
- Add the fish.
- Allow it to cook for 5 minutes adding approximately 2 cups of water.
- Transfer this mixture to a pressure cooker with the cuttle fish and add 1.
- 5 cups of water.
- Allow it to cook for 15 minutes at a stretch.
- It is finally ready to be served.
- Serve in a bowl with fresh corriander for garnish.
- Serve hot.
- This can be served with chappatis and rice.