Prep 0 mins
Cook 8 mins
Decorated Christmas Cutout Cookies
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- tinted frosting, and
- colored crystal sugar
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixure.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/4 inches thickness.
- Cut out with Christmas cookie cutters of your choice. Using floured spatula, transfer cookies to greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 375 for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely on wire racks.
- Decorate cookies with forsting and colored sugars.
Great tasting cookies & very easy!