Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Sesame sauce with a bit of zing, served over pasta & cutlets (you choose.... pork or chicken).
- 1 1⁄2-2 lbs breaded chicken cutlets (or pork cutlets)
- 8 ounces spaghetti (angel hair, linguini, etc. will also work)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon scallion, minced
- 1⁄2 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1⁄2 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon white wine
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- Put pasta on to cook until al dente. Drain when done. Meanwhile --
- Heat cutlets according to directions. (you could also make your own).
- Heat oil in a pan until it is just starting to smoke.
- Add scallions, ginger, & garlic & stir fry for about 5 seconds.
- Combine the cornstarch & the 1/2 C cold water.
- Add the chicken broth, red pepper flakes, wine, soy sauce, sesame oil, & the cornstarch mixture.
- Heat and stir slowly until sauce thickens, remove from heat.
- To serve, Place cutlets atop pasta on plate & spoon sauce over.
- Cooking time for pasta & cutlets is included in the prep time for the sauce.