Recipe by Sharon123
These big eyed chicks will steal the show, they are so cute! Great for a buffet, a holiday, or to treat kids of all ages. Adapted from Taste of Home(2003). Cook time is for boiling the eggs.
Top Review by *Parsley*
Too cute to eat! I have been wanting to make these for a long time and I'm glad that I finally did. These are easier to make than they look..... just boil 2 or 3 extra eggs in case of any egg "casualties". I made these as written, just a little less curry powder (for the kids). You could use your favorite deviled egg recipe and just make the filling with a tad less mayo than usual so the it's will stand up. These will be the hit of any spring/easter table. Kids think they're cute, too. Thanx for sharing. These will appear every spring at my house.
- 12 hard-boiled eggs
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped onions
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 stuffed olives
- 1 small red sweet bell pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut a thin slice from the bottom of each egg so it sits flat.
- Cut a zigzag pattern a third down from the top of each egg. Carefully remove yolks and place in a small bowl; mash with a fork.
- Add the mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese, onion, curry, mustard and pepper; stir until well blended. Spoon yolk mixture into the egg white bottoms, replace tops.
- Cut olives into slcies for eyes. Cut 12 small triangles from the red pepper for beaks. Gently press the eyes and beaks into egg yolk filling. Refrigerate until serving.