Recipe by dolliegyrl
I make this for my picky boys! It costs roughly $1 to make if that so is very cheap to keep on hand! This is SO easy your kids can help make their own lunch/snack!
Top Review by * Pamela *
My kids love Octopus weiners! I usually cut the bottom half of the weiner into eight "legs" before I boil them and the "legs" curl up while cooking! The blue noodles were a great idea as I usually serve my octopus weiners with the Catelli brand of sea shaped pasta, which can get quite expensive. Thanks for this fun meal idea!
- 1 hot dog, cooked
- 1 (3 ounce) package Top Ramen noodles (cooked and drained no sauce added)
- food coloring (your choice)
- mustard or ketchup
Directions See How It's Made
- After draining Top Ramen noodles let kid/s pick out food color/colors.
- If you want the octopus to look like its really on the sea use blue only.
- Put a few drops on the noodles.
- Toss with forks until coated evenly.
- This does not color them completely-- more like a sprinkling/marbling effect.
- Make an X cut (crisscross) from top of wiener to the middle.
- Arrange on top of noodles to make an octopus with 4 legs.
- Make a smile and 2 eyes with ketchup or mustard and you're set!