Prep 0 mins
Cook 5 mins
I make this for my picky boys! It costs roughly $1 to make if that so is very cheap to keep on hand! This is SO easy your kids can help make their own lunch/snack!
- 1 hot dog, cooked
- 1 (3 ounce) package Top Ramen noodles (cooked and drained no sauce added)
- food coloring (your choice)
- mustard or ketchup
- After draining Top Ramen noodles let kid/s pick out food color/colors.
- If you want the octopus to look like its really on the sea use blue only.
- Put a few drops on the noodles.
- Toss with forks until coated evenly.
- This does not color them completely-- more like a sprinkling/marbling effect.
- Make an X cut (crisscross) from top of wiener to the middle.
- Arrange on top of noodles to make an octopus with 4 legs.
- Make a smile and 2 eyes with ketchup or mustard and you're set!
My kids love Octopus weiners! I usually cut the bottom half of the weiner into eight "legs" before I boil them and the "legs" curl up while cooking! The blue noodles were a great idea as I usually serve my octopus weiners with the Catelli brand of sea shaped pasta, which can get quite expensive. Thanks for this fun meal idea!
this is just like the recipe that is in my kid's cookbook. great kid-friendly recipe!!
Kids loved it!