Great for birthday parties, picnics or anything you like. Fun for kids to decorate. I got this from "Hey There, CupCake" by Clare Crespo.
- 1 dozen white cupcake
- 1⁄2 dozen chocolate cupcake
- buttercream frosting
- red food coloring
- green food coloring
- sesame seeds (optional)
- Prepare cupcakes according to your the recipe you pick.
- Prepare frosting. Superate into two bowls. Dye one red, and one green.
- Slice the tope off of all the cupcakes. Discard or eat tops of chocolate cupcakes.
- Slice the bottom pieces of all cupcakes into 1/2" slices. (Just slice each bottom in half).
- Right now you should have: tops of white cupcakes. The bottoms of all cupcakes cut in half.
- Take one slice of white cupcake and frost one side green.This is the bottom of the bun, the green is the lettuce.
- Take a slice of chocolate cupcake and place on top of 'lettuce'. This will be the meat.
- Take one slice of white cupcake and frost both sides red. This will be the tomato. Place on top of 'meat'.
- Place the top of one white cupcake on top. This is the top of the bun.
- Add sesame seeds for more realistic look.
- Repeat steps.
- ^_^ I hope it makes sense, If it's confusing, just look at the picture and it's pretty self explanitory.
These are so cute and such a riot to make!! Love the additon of sesame seeds!
Fun cupcakes and entertaining for kids. I ended up just frosting the top of the "burger" for the tomato look as another piece of cupcake was just too much. Besides, it was difficult to frost the "tomato" piece. I was also reminded that one needs to be careful with red food coloring or one can end up with bitter frosting. The drawback to this recipe is the wasted pieces. This was made for Pick A Chef fall 2007.
I made the cupcakes for a cookout. BIG HIT!!!! SO CUTE!!!!