Recipe by NcMysteryShopper
These are really cute turkeys made out of apples that kids can make for school or just eat as a snack. They also make adorable Thanksgiving Table decorations. They can be made with either Fruit Loops or raisins. Rule: broken Fruit Loops must be eaten. Variations: head can be a cut out that is glued on or a large marshmallow with raisin eyes and a candy corn stuck into it for a beak.
Top Review by Viclynn
I made 8 of these for placecards at Thansgiving this year - what a hoot! I have a container of Coriander that came in a set, and I never use that in cooking, so used those for the eyes. Each one had character. Thanks for sharing.
- 1 apple
- 1⁄4 cup Fruit Loops cereal (if using Fruit Loops you will need a few raisins for the neck) or 1⁄4 cup raisins (if using Fruit Loops you will need a few raisins for the neck)
- 6 -7 mini marshmallows
- 7 -11 toothpicks
- 1 green olives
- 2 cloves
Directions See How It's Made
- To make the feathers: Take raisins or Fruit Loops and slide onto toothpicks about 3/4 the way down. Place a mini-marshmallow on the end. You will need 6 or 7 "feathers" depending on the size of your apple.
- Stick the "feathers" into the back of the apple.
- To make the head: Slide raisins down toothpick and top with a green olive (head). Use cloves for eyes. If your olive has a pimiento you can pull it out the back of the olive and let it hang so that it looks like a turkey wattle.
- Insert three toothpicks under the turkey so it can stand freely.