Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
These cupcakes are perfect for any kids Easter party. I used to send these to school with my kids to share with class for Easter parties--the kids went nuts over them. Sure to be a hit with the under 7 crowd. They look like mini easter baskets--so cute!
- 12 cupcakes, baked and lightly frosted (any flavor)
- 1 (14 ounce) package flaked coconut
- 3 -6 drops green food coloring
- 48 jelly beans
- In a large ziplock bag, place coconut with a few drops of green food coloring.
- Shake until coconut is light green.
- Place some green coconut on each cupcake, pressing firmly so it adheres to the frosting.
- Place a few jellybeans on each cupcake.
- Bend pipe cleaners in a arch.
- Place into cupcake to resemble a basket handle (you may have to cut pipe cleaners in half if they are long).
- The final cupcake should resemble an easter basket.
- Hint: I use 2 cupcake papers for each cupcake so the "basket" is a pretty color.