Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
These are really cute..I like to glue an old button on tag..when giving as a gift.. The miniature m&m's look darling in the jar
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup M&M'
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- Layer sugar, oats, chocolates and brown sugar in one quart wide mouth jar.
- Pack tightly.
- Mix together flour, baking soda and baking powder -- put this in jar in one layer.
- Press down layer firmly.
- If there is any more room in top of jar.I always add a few M&M's to fill.
- attache a gift tag to jar with the following instructions.
- Empty cookie mix in a large bowl.mix well and then blend in one large egg, lightly beaten, 1/2 cup softened butter, mix well.
- Drop by tspful onto lighted sprayed cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350* for 8-10 minutes.
I could not fit all the ingredients in the jar, and the cookie dough was dry.
I'm not sure what recipe everyone else used, but this recipe is no good. I could not fit all of the chocolate chips into the jar, which another reviewer mentioned. Then when I mixed the ingredients together, the consistancy was really sandy. It barely held together even when I packed it. I tried baking it anyway and they were crumbly and it seemed too sugary. I felt that it lacked salt. I would not recommend trying this recipe unless you want to adjust the measurements to get a good recipe. Sorry!
Very pretty in jars. I really had to squeeze everything in. It worked because I had a liter and not a quart jar, so be careful there. I hope they taste as good as the jar looks!