Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
A creamy low fat soup. This can be on the table within 20 minutes. I got this from an exercise show 10 years ago.
- 16 ounces frozen mixed vegetables (broccoli, corn, red peppers)
- 2⁄3 cup low-fat milk
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 (15 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- salt & pepper
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, sliced
- Cut broccoli if large into small pieces.
- In a saucepan combine milk and cornstarch stirring until it dissolves.
- Add frozen vegetables, cream style corn broth and cumin.
- Bring to a boil stirring frequently.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes until veggies are tender.
- Add salt & pepper to taste.
- Stir in green onions and simmer for 2 more minute and serve.