1/2 Photos of Cut out Sugar Cookies
Delicious melt in your mouth sugar cookie dough for using your favorite cookie cutters. The cookies are so good that sometimes I don't even bother to frost them. I found a similar recipe online and tweeked it to the following.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cream together softened butter and confectioners sugar.
- 2Whisk egg and flavor extracts in a separate bowl.
- 3Add the egg mixture to the butter/sugar mixture. Mix until egg is thoroughly incorporated.
- 4In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- 5Add the flour mixture, little by little, to the butter/sugar/egg mixture. You can tell the dough is ready when most of it sticks to the paddle. When touched, it has a little big, but does not stick to fingers.
- 6Roll out 1/4inch thick onto parchment paper. Dust as necessary with confectioners sugar instead of flour.
- 7Cut with your favorite cookie cutters, place on baking pan, and bake at 400 degrees for 7-8 minutes.
- 8For high altitude, add 1/4 cup of flour and reduce sugar by 2 tablespoons bake at 415 for 4 minutes.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cut out Sugar Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (797 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 149.0
- Calories from Fat 72
- Total Fat 8.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 28.0 mg
- Sodium 131.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 7.4 g
- Protein 1.6 g