Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
I found this recipe in allrecipes.com and was originally posted by Laura... Though it's just my 2nd time to bake I was surprised that it turned out great... the cookie alone was delicious! my advise is to find a good hiding spot for them for decoration 'coz they'll be gone in no time... * I used royal icing to decorate.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons butter flavor extract
- 3 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Cream margarine and sugar. Add eggs and flavorings and mix well. Stir flour, baking powder and salt together. Add to batter and mix well.
- CHILL 3-4 hours or overnight before using.
- Roll cookies out approximately 1/4 inch thick and insert cookie sticks at least 1/3 to 1/2 way into cookie.
- Bake cookies at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 8-10 minutes. This dough keeps well in a covered container in the refrigerator for a couple of weeks.
- Decorate as desired. Display 3-7 cookies in a 6 inch clay pot (depending on size of cookie). Weigh pot down with dried beans and cut a circle of Styrofoam to fit snugly into top. Add ribbons and enjoy.