Prep 0 mins
Cook 8 mins
This is a recipe from my mom. I have not found one I like better yet. If you bake just right they come out soft and puffy! You can use this for any holiday just change the cutter and colored sugar.
- Cream margarine, sugar and vanilla.
- Add eggs.
- Sift dry ingredients together.
- Add to creamed.
- Chill 3 to 4 hours.
- I always leave over night and it is a lot easier to roll.
- On well floured surface roll 1/4-inch thick (I roll mine a little bit thicker-it makes nice puffy cookies).
- Use flour for rolling pin and cutters.
- Cut to desired shapes.
- Bake at 375° for 6-8 minutes depending on thickness of cookies.
This will be my 3rd time making these and I know they will turn out just as perfect as my other batches!! Always super soft and yummy :) thanks so much for this wonderful recipe.
Used this recipe to make up some quick cookies for Halloween. They turned out fluffy and slightly crisp on the outside (I used half margarine and half butter). At high altitude I baked the cookies for 7 minutes at a 1/4" inch thick. Exactly what I was looking for, thanks!
These were great! I made them with my kids at Christmas time. The cookie dough was easy to work with, and the cookies taste great, and kept REALLY well!