Recipe by xaylan
This recipe was found on the Kraft Foods website. This is a lot of fun to do with the kids.
- 2 (1 3/4 ounce) packets fruit pectin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄3 cups light corn syrup
- 1 (1/4 ounce) envelope unsweetened flavored drink mix, any flavor
Directions See How It's Made
- SPRAY a 13x9-inch baking pan with cooking spray; set aside.
- STIR fruit pectin, 2 tablespoons water and baking soda in 4-quart saucepan.
- Cook on high heat, stirring constantly, until foam has thinned.
- Remove from heat; stir in 2 cups sugar, corn syrup and soft drink mix.
- Stirring constantly, bring mixture to full rolling boil on high heat and boil 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir mixture until bubbles have thinned.
- POUR immediately into prepared pan.
- Let stand at room temperature until mixture is cool and firm, about 3 hours.
- Loosen edges with point of sharp knife.
- Invert pan onto wax paper which has been sprinkled with about 2 tablespoons sugar.
- Sprinkle an additional 2 tablespoons sugar over top of candy.
- Cut into 1-inch squares or decorative shapes with small cookie cutters.
- Roll candy pieces to coat in sugar, shaking off excess.
- Let stand overnight, uncovered, at room temperature before packing or storing.