Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 20 mins
This is a good home made fruit cake my mother used to make that keeps really well, but it didn't stay around for long in our house! From an old Mcdougall's Cookery Book.
- Preheat oven to Gas 4/360F degrees.
- Grease and line a 6 inch tin.
- Sift flour, salt and spice together.
- Add fat to dry ingredients.
- Rub until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Stir in sugar add beaten egg and milk/water mix.
- Beat well for a minute.
- Add dried fruit.
- Bake for 1 hour 20 minutes.