Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Source: SHADOWS. This rub combines everything you need for a delicious turkey. Remember when rubbing poultry you want to get it under the skin. Skin blocks flavor, and while you might get some tasty skin it won't help the meat any.
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon basil
- Combine all ingredients and store in an air tight container. Makes enough rub for a 20 pound turkey.
- I also at times add fresh grated ginger, approx 1/4 teaspoons.
We used this for Christmas turkey and it was great.
Used this today for our Thanksgiving turkey. Easy and quick to put together. EVERYONE said it was the best tasting turkey they ever had! I made sure to rub some under the skin, as suggested. I'm keeping this recipe to use on future turkeys and roast chickens. Thanks Shadows!