Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Magazine find, yummy little tarts.
- 1 lb puff pastry
- 1 (15 fluid ounce) cartonstore bought custard
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3⁄4 ounce icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 375F degrees.
- Roll pastry out to 12x16 inches.
- Using a plain pastry cutter, cut out 12 4in circles and use to line a muffin tin.
- In a jug, beat together the custard, vanilla and eggs, and then pour the mixture into the pastry cases.
- Bake for 35- 40 minutes, then allow to cool completely in the tin.
- Preheat the grill to high.
- Dust tarts with the icing sugar and pop under the griller for 5 minutes, until the sugar is caramelized and lightly charred.