Top Review by Outta Here
This reminds me of the pie my grandmother used to make. Very good, and so easy! And not too sweet. I am going to make again, but will add nutmeg to filling instead of just sprinkling on top. We love our nutmeg! :)
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornflour (corn starch)
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- ground nutmeg
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pastry shells
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 200 degree celsius.
- Mix eggs and sugar till thick and creamy.
- Combine cornflour, milk and vanilla essence and slowly add to egg and sugar mix beating as you do so.
- Spoon mixture into pastry shell and sprinkle with ground nutmeg.
- Bake at 200 degree celsius for 10 minutes, reduce heat to 180 degree celsius and bake for a further 20 to 25 minutes. Skewer inserted at centre should come out clean.