1/1 Photo of Custard-Style Macaroni and Cheese
1 hr 10 mins
Miss Annie's Note:
This macaroni and cheese is more of a custard type. My family has been using this recipe for a long, long time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook macaroni in water until tender.
- 2Drain thoroughly.
- 3Stir in butter and egg.
- 4Mix mustard and salt with 1 Tbsp. HOT water, and add to milk.
- 5Add cheese (saving some for top) to milk.
- 6Pour macaroni into a buttered casserole and add milk/cheese mixture.
- 7Sprinkle top with reserved cheese.
- 8Bake at 350º for approx. 40 minutes, or until custard is set and top is crusty.
Browse Our Top Elbow Macaroni Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Custard-Style Macaroni and Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (109 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 425.2
- Calories from Fat 212
- Total Fat 23.6 g
- Saturated Fat 14.4 g
- Cholesterol 101.1 mg
- Sodium 401.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 21.5 g