Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This requires few ingredients but it is wonderful. It is a recipe that came from my boyfriend's grandmother.
- Rub together all bottom layer ingredients.
- Bake in 13x9 ungreased pan for 20 minutes at 350°.
- Combine 2 cups water and sugar and bring to a boil.
- Mix together 4 tbsp custard powder and small amount of cool water (just to moisten) in a glass.
- Once this is mixed add it to the boiling water stirring constantly until thick.
- Spread over bottom mixture and sprinkle with coconut.
- Let cool; cut in squares.
This is excellent and light .. I loved the base .. However I couldn't taste the custard, so next time I will use some milk to make it .. thanks