Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
A creamy custard sauce for dessert.
- Combine cream and milk in heavy saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Combine egg yolks and sugar in a medium mixing bowl. Beat with a whisk until pale yellow and light. About 3 minutes.
- Slowly add cream and milk mixture to the egg mixture, beating as you add it.
- Pour mixture back into saucepan. Heat over medium low heat, stirring constantly, until thickened. About 8 minutes.
- Remove from heat and pour into a heatproof bowl. Add almond extract and stir to blend.
- Allow to cool slightly. Place in refrigerator until completely cooled then cover (to avoid condesation).