- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups milk
- 3 egg yolks, beaten
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine sugar, cornstarch, flour and salt in 2-qt. glass bowl. Slowly stir in milk.
- Microwave on HIGH, uncovered, for 8-9 minutes, or until mixture comes to a full boil; stirring 2 or 3 times.
- Blend a small amount of the hot mixture into egg yolks; return to hot mixture, blending well.
- Microwave on HIGH, uncovered, for 45 seconds to 1 minute, or until bubbly around the edge, stirring once or twice.
- Stir in butter and vanilla.
- Serve warm or cold.