Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I love this! I always make it to go with my gingerbread. This is just like Birdseye Custard; but without the lumps!(smile)
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups milk
- 3 egg yolks, beaten
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine sugar, cornstarch, flour and salt in 2-qt. glass bowl. Slowly stir in milk.
- Microwave on HIGH, uncovered, for 8-9 minutes, or until mixture comes to a full boil; stirring 2 or 3 times.
- Blend a small amount of the hot mixture into egg yolks; return to hot mixture, blending well.
- Microwave on HIGH, uncovered, for 45 seconds to 1 minute, or until bubbly around the edge, stirring once or twice.
- Stir in butter and vanilla.
- Serve warm or cold.
I could NOT make custard without lumps!!!!! .....until TODAY! :) wonderful, fool-proof recipe! YUMMMY!
So yummy and easy to make, However I cheated and used the Kitchen Aid, which made it very smooth and lump free. I have been craving custard but I refuse to pay $6.00 at the local grocery store. WOW - This would make a really quick and wonderful dessert for company or picky grandchildren. Thank you so much for posting. I'm re-posting for my Facebook Buddies!
this turned out fabulous though I did have to put it in for a minute longer but I think that is because I added the vanilla too soon otherwise awesome recipe thank you for posting!!!