- 4 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup cornflour
- 3⁄4 cup caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon custard powder
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat whites of eggs until stiff.
- Add yolks and sugar.
- Sift all flours together & fold into mixture.
- Divide into 2 greased & lined sandwich tins
- preheat oven to 190c
- place on middle shelf
- reduce heat to 170c & cook for 20 minutes
- this is for fan forced oven.
- for oven not fan forced, preheat to 200c then reduce to 180c.
- when cooked cool on rack fill with jam and fresh cream and enjoy.