Recipe by Jewelies
In Australia we call cookies biscuits. This recipe is from Super Food Ideas and the recipe states that it makes 28 cookies. I actually got 48 cookies from the mix but I do make my cookies smaller as I have two small girls that like one for each hand ;) These make quite a sweet biscuit.
- 125 g butter, softened
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1 egg, at room temperature
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 1⁄2 cups self-raising flour
- 1⁄2 cup custard powder
- 80 g white chocolate, roughly chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 180C and line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Using an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla and beat until well combined.
- Sift flour and custard powder together over butter mixture. Add white chocolate and stir until mixture forms a soft dough.
- Roll tablespoonfuls of mixture into balls and place on prepared trays, allowing room for spreading. Using a fork, press dough to flatten slightly.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden. Stand on trays for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool.