Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
In Australia we call cookies biscuits. This recipe is from Super Food Ideas and the recipe states that it makes 28 cookies. I actually got 48 cookies from the mix but I do make my cookies smaller as I have two small girls that like one for each hand ;) These make quite a sweet biscuit.
- 125 g butter, softened
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1 egg, at room temperature
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 1⁄2 cups self-raising flour
- 1⁄2 cup custard powder
- 80 g white chocolate, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 180C and line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Using an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla and beat until well combined.
- Sift flour and custard powder together over butter mixture. Add white chocolate and stir until mixture forms a soft dough.
- Roll tablespoonfuls of mixture into balls and place on prepared trays, allowing room for spreading. Using a fork, press dough to flatten slightly.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden. Stand on trays for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool.
Delicious,,,and so easy to covert to gluten free. Thank you for posting.
I had some custard powder to use up so decided to try it this recipe. I am still undecided about whether to rate it 3* or 4* - 3.5* might have been a happy compromise but I am giving it the benefit of the doubt with 4*. The thing is, the texture of this biscuit was a bit too "grainy" - almost like it could have done with more butter or less flour. It had a very nice hint of flavor from the custard powder. I used to half-tablespoon measuring spoon to scoop out my dough, and got 28 biscuits from it. Had to bake for about 13mins.
Deeeelicious! Finally the custard powder biscuits of my youth and with white chocolate to boot. I upped the chocolate chunks to 100 grams and added a few teaspoons of water as my mixture was a bit dry. They baked perfectly and were absolutely wonderful. I did make them large though and ended up with about 20 biscuits. The kids and hubby loved them. Thanks Jewelies.