Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Old recipe; has cream.
Make and share this Custard Pie Deluxe recipe from Food.com.
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 1 pie crust
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- Beat eggs until egg whites are blended with the yolks.
- Add sugar, salt and vanilla.
- Add milk and whipping cream, stirring constantly.
- Rub a few drops of cold water over pie crust to prevent soaking.
- Add filling and sprinkle with nutmeg.
- Bake in hot oven, 425 degrees Fahrenheit, for 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to slow oven, 325 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 to 20 minutes or until a silver knife comes out clean.
Lovely pie, thanks so much for a delightful recipe.