- 1 9-inch pie shell
- 5 eggs
- 5 ounces sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk, scalded
- 1⁄3 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat eggs slightly, add Sugar, salt and vanilla extract, Mix.
- Add hot milk, slowly, pour into unbaked pie shell, one quart per pie.
- Sprinkle nutmeg over top of pie.
- Bake at 450°F for 15 minutes, reduce heat to 350 F and bake for 20 minutes, or until a knife inserted halfway between the edge and center comes out clean.
- Cool to below 41 f within 4 hours.