Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
A local favorite. Butter mochi with a thin layer custard at top.
Make and share this Custard Mochi recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups mochiko rice flour (16 ounce)
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 4 cups milk
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- Grease a 9 x 13 inch pan. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream sugar and butter together in a mixing bowl.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time.
- Add mochiko flour, baking powder, vanilla extract and milk.
- Mix till batter is smooth.
- Bake for one hour.
- Allow to cool for 1-1 1/2 hours, then slice.