This is very satisfying and may become your new "comfort" food
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 350°F.
- 2In the saucepan, combine cream, vanilla syrup, vanilla, and Splenda.
- 3Bring to a bare simmer over medium-low heat.
- 4Separate 3 of the eggs.
- 5In a mixing bowl, combine the remaining whole eggs and the yolks.
- 6Whip the eggs with a whisk until slightly thickened and lightened in color.
- 7While whisking the eggs, drizzle in about a quarter of the hot milk.
- 8Now whisk the tempered eggs back into the saucepan with the remaining milk mixture.
- 9Place a fine mesh strainer over a glass or stainless steel bowl with a spout.
- 10Pour the egg mixture through the strainer in order to catch any curdled egg bits or particles that may be in the mixture.
- 11Place the custard cups into the roasting pan.
- 12Place the pan on the middle rack of the oven and pour boiling water into the pan just under the level of the custard.
- 13Cook the custard for about 40 min, or until they wobble slightly when the pan is wiggled.
- 14You can also insert a paring knife midway between the edge and the center.
- 15If it comes out clean, the flans are done.
- 16Using tongs, remove the cups from the pan to a towel-lined sheet pan.
- 17Cool, cover and chill.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Custard-Low Carb
Serving Size: 1 (79 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 186.4
- Calories from Fat 157
- Total Fat 17.4 g
- Saturated Fat 9.7 g
- Cholesterol 209.5 mg
- Sodium 66.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 5.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sugar-free vanilla syrup