Prep 0 mins
Cook 45 mins
When the cornbread is baked, a creamy, barely set custard will have formed in the center and everywill tro to figure outhow you got it there. I got this recipe from Cooking.com
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup corn kernel (from 2 ears corn)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Preheat the oven to 350°F Butter an 8-inch square pan that is about 2-inches deep. Place the buttered dish or pan in the oven while you mix the batter.
- Beat the eggs and melted butter in a large bowl until well blended. Add the milk, sugar, vinegar, and salt and beat well. Whisk flour, cornmeal, baking powder and baking soda in a medium bowl to blend. Add dry ingredients to the egg mixture. Mix just until smooth. Sti in the corn kernels. Pour the batter into the heated dish, then pour the cream into the center of the batter, do not stir.
- Bake until the top is lightly browned, and a toothpick inserted near the edge of the bread (not toward the custard in the center) comes out without wet batter attached, about 45 minutes. Serve warm.