Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This cornbread is a bit different from the traditional cornbread recipe; I truly enjoy eating this.
Make and share this Custard Filled Cornbread recipe from Food.com.
- Butter an 8-inch square baking dish or round cast-iron skillet. Place in a preheated 350 F oven and allow the dish to get hot while mixing batter.
- Meanwhile, beat eggs and melted butter until well blended. Add sugar, salt, milk and vinegar; beat well.
- Into a bowl, sift together flour, cornmeal, baking powder and baking soda. Add to egg mixture.
- Mix just until batter is smooth with no lumps. Put batter into heated dish, then pour whipping cream into center of batter. DO NOT STIR.
- Bake at 350F for an hour or until lightly browned. Serve warm.
- When cornbread is done, a creamy, barely set custard will form inside.